Chickpea Pesto Pasta
By: Carol Aguirre MS, RD/LDN
Meatless Monday:Chickpea Pesto Pasta
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25minutes
Course: Main Entree
1. 8 oz chickpea pasta ( I used Banza shells)
2. 2 cups of baby kale
3. 1 cup of walnuts (separated)
4. 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
5. 2 tbsp of lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
6. 2 cloves of garlic
7. 1/2 cup of cold pressed olive oil
8. Kosher salt to taste
9. Red pepper flakes to taste
10. 4 oz of canned no added salt chickpeas
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place walnuts on a single sheet pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 5 minutes, turning once. Remove from oven and let cool.
2. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain.
3. Take 1/2 cup of toasted walnuts, kale, nutritional yeast, lemon, garlic, and salt into blender or food processor. Pulse until chopped. Set to puree then add olive oil into mixture, blend thoroughly.
4. Toss warm pasta with the pesto. Top with remaining walnuts, add chickpeas, salt to taste, and red pepper flakes. Serve warm or at room temperature