Vegan Chickpea Bowl
By: Carol Aguirre MS, RD/LDN
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Category: Main Entree
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
1. 2 TBSP of Olive Oil
2. 1 small Red Onion
3. Broccoli (Florets only) about 2 cups
4. Baby Kale: About 2 cups
5. 2 Small Sweet Potatoes, cleaned with skin on
6. 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
7. 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1. One 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained
2. 1 tsp of cumin
3. 1 tsp of tumeric
3. 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. 1/4 cup of Tahini
2. 1 TBS of Raw Honey
3. small lemon, 1/2 fresh squeezed
4. Hot Water, about 4 TBSP to thin out sauce
1. Preheat Oven to 400 degrees, Cook sweet potatoes for 30 minutes on baking sheet with aluminum foil
2. Remove Sweet Potatoes and cut in half. Add red onions, Olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place Sweet Potaotes face down. Bake for 10 minutes
3. Turn Sweet Potatoes face up. Add Broccoli and seasonings. Bake for 10 minutes
4. Add Kale. Season. Bake for 5 minutes
5. Remove set aside.
6. While Veggies are cooking. In large pan add Olive Oil and add Garbanzo beans and spices, let brown about 15 -20 minutes on medium to high heat. Set aside once browned.
7. Add Tahini Sauce to small bowl, add honey, add lemon, and water as needed (little at a time) until able to pour.
8. Place in 2 separate bowls. Sweet potatoes, garbanzo beans, and veggies, add Tahani sauce at the end.